Getting ‘What’s Your Price-Per-Square-Foot’ out of Your Buyer’s Vocabulary
Don’t you love getting these calls? I know every time a buyer would ask me this question my blood would boil a bit and I’d think to myself, “What in the heck is wrong with you? Don’t you know how great a builder we are?!”
Unfortunately, this question, along with many others, comes down to the simple fact we haven’t created Value in the mind of our prospects.
What is Value?
As an equation Value = Price Perception/Quality Perception. In layman’s terms that means if your prospects don’t feel the price you are asking (Price Perception) is equal to or LESS than their perception of what they’re getting (quality perception)- value is NOT created. More often than not, you get the price-per-square-foot question when buyer’s are trying to confirm the value of your competitor. No value has been created with you/your company, therefore you are simply a commodity with a number attached to it.
The real question you should be asking is, “How do I create Value FIRST- before my competitors?” When you create value first you…
- Shift the price-per-square-foot question to your competitors
- Get the opportunity to turn away business (you know what I’m talking about- that little voice in the back of your head that says “it might be best to let this prospect go”)
- Take market share and Increase Margins (creating Value allows you to raise prices and focus on working with buyer’s who choose you as their preferred builder)
This month’s webinar is all about creating value. On October 18th we’ll be revealing:
- The process of incorporating the “Show, Tell and Do” strategies into your value creation process
- Real world results from other home builders and remodelers- what they’re doing to grow market share and profits
As always the webinar is free but limited to 100 people. Click here to secure your registration >>