WEEK FIVE – COVID-19
Learning how to hold Facebook Live events is a great ongoing business strategy for homebuilders and remodelers.
It’s time efficient, it can create lots of engagements, and you may attract new business leads when people share through a watch party with their friends and family.
In today’s complimentary training (Week five our special 60-day series during the Covid-19 Pandemic) I’m sharing tips and strategies for doing Facebook Lives.
Setting up a Facebook Live Event
1) If you want to schedule your event, you must do it from a tablet or laptop computer (not your phone – we tested it!).
2) Schedule the event at least one week in advance.
3) Have at least two people in the event – one who is on camera, the others who are monitoring chat as an administrator. That person can also trigger pre-determined questions and polls.
Promoting Your Facebook Live Event:
- Start teasing one week in advance.
- Send an email blast to your lead list (include Realtors!)
- Schedule an SMS/Text reminder to go out to your list within an hour of the start time (even 15 minutes).
- Promote with different types of posts – at least five. Here’s some examples:
- Pre-content videos (3-to-5 minutes) and photos
- Use “on time drawings” ($5 coffee or Amazon cards) to increase attendance, can also have a drawing for those who have shared the event (Note: this is a great way to capture their contact info – since they have to provide it for you to mail their gift card)
- Include CTAs (Calls-to-Action) in the teaser posts to get opt-ins. Example: Download the floor plan prior to the Live.
- Show specific rooms – and ask engagement questions
- Can run a promoted post advertisement – especially to those who have liked your page.
Executing the Event
Launch early and engage attendees – “If you’re here live, or watching after the event, I’d love to know…”
- Where you live now?
- What’s bugging you most about your home?
- What style of home do you live in?What’s the most important room in your new home?
- Where do you want to move to?
2) Use drawings during the live event. Examples:
- Showing up on time.
- In the middle, based on people engaging/answering a question.
- At the end (must be present)
3) Use a strong call-to-action (CTA)
Several times during the event, offer to schedule a no-obligation appointment.
Put links to website scheduler in the comment section (not in the video description) after the live has ended.
Need to Watch Previous Lessons?
- Website masthead updated
- Blog post for how you’re handling business
- Plan for each prospect
- Blog post for scheduling virtual consults and pre-planning resources
- Shorten & update website masthead
- Realtor email/outreach
- Lead email/outreach
- Re-visit prospect plans
- Schedule/host a Facebook Live or Virtual Event
- Segment email lists and re-engage
- Realtor outreach & networking
- I share different ways to connect with both leads and Realtors as a way to keep in touch.